Wednesday, June 20, 2012

We Likey Wednesday

Girl Crush: Kiernan Shipka

Kiernan Shipka, who plays Don Draper's sassy daughter on Mad Men, has officially joined the likes of Elle Fanning and Chloe Moretz as a child fashion prodigy. 

Yeah. She's twelve.

Boy Crush: Sufjan Stevens
He has a voice to calm a crying baby, and lyrics to make a grown woman cry.

Or make that two grown women.

Flava of the Week: Piñon Market and Cafe

We finally ventured outside of our usual burgers and Panda Express to finally try something new in Salt Lake! Hurray for us! Piñon (best pronounced in a hotsie-totsie French accent for optimum pretentiousness) has the best sandwiches served on the most amazing focaccia bread. You have to try it to believe it.

ps. We're in Salt Lake at least once a week, so if you're from the area, we're always open restaurant recommendations! 

We Want: Boater Hats

Boater Hats = This year's fedora, but with less Jason Mraz and more county fair.
Does that make sense?

Tunes: Jayme Dee, "Rules" 
Don't judge us, but we watched Hunger Games again last night. In the regular theater, not even the dollar theater. That being said, we will probably watch it in the dollar theater when it goes there too.
So in honor of how much we love that series, here's one of our favorite songs from the soundtrack. 

Funnies: Cat Massage


Still trying to figure out why this is so funny to us. Maybe it will be funny to you too?
Or maybe we're just creepy. 

(All images via Pinterest)


xoxo

13 comments:

  1. im dying at the cat video right now. i just watched it 3 times, my husband told me that was enough. gosh cats are the best.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the song rules. No lie I listen to it at least once a week! I love this wednesday's likes! great choice!

    -rach
    sincerelypeachy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sufjan literally melts my heart. I love him too much. You should go to Cafe Normandie in Holladay. It is one of my favorite places. And the sweet potato fries are to DIE for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kiernan is so chic for her 12 years, but doesn't seem in a hurry to grow up (cough miley cyrus cough). i'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg who is that boy?! I do not know him but he is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alright first: i love sufjan stevens. so much it's not even funny.
    also, hunger games? obsessed. seen it thrice. go to water gardens theather in PG! $3.50 for a movie and $1 for popcorn and drinks! quite a good deal.
    another also. i love jayme dee!
    AGAIN. ALLLLLSO. definitely sharing that kitty video on my FB. hilarious.

    xo.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boater hats are so pretty but they literally fly off my head when I try them on and walk around the store. Haha :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    There's a $50 Shabby Apple gift card giveaway on my blog if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, there are SO many amazing restaurants in Salt Lake. Depending on how much you want to spend (lunch is usually a good time to go to fancy places). You should definitely stay away from panda express when you are up here! Some of my recommendations are Carlucci's, Toasters, The Wild Grape, ZY, Cannellas, The Copper Onion, Aristo's, Mazza, The Park Cafe, Hagermans, Gourmandise. All of these places are SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, the cats are great, and I'm digging the song from Jayme Dee. I haven't jumped on the Hunger Games trip yet...I know, I know..I just want to read the books first. Or should I just jump into the movies and skip the books? (hmm, that's not like me)

    ReplyDelete
  10. first off, LOVE jayme dee. her voice is like butter.
    second, i was JUST talking about kiernan shipka today. seriously, why can't we all be that fabulous! adore!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. little sally draper's got some sartorial wits about her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiernan is so adorable! She is becoming such the little Betty Draper on the show and I loves it :-)

    Maria
    www.daintyanddecadent.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rules is so good. Thanks for helping me see that.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...