Friday, August 17, 2012

Guest Post: Deer Circus//Madewell Gift Card Winner!

Hey Guys! Today we have another awesome guest poster for you! We'd like to introduce you to Bridget from Deer Circus! We instantly fell in love with her amazing photography and adorable style, and we know you will too. Check it out!

PS. Check down below to see if you won the $50 Madewell Gift Card!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi awkward girls and guys abounding! if we haven't yet met, i'm bridget from the deer circus...and i'm sick of summer clothes. 

this record-long string of 90-plus degree days in denver was really floating my boat for awhile...but now it's become a horror. i walk into my closet and see sweaters and coats and tights and boots, relegated to the darkest, least touched corners. sometimes i run my fingers across a plush winter coat, and mouth the words, "i miss you." yep, i'm really that pathetic. 
after weeks of literally sweating it out in skivvies in my apartment, i couldn't stand it anymore: i threw on a midi skirt, a real blouse, bootie heels, and walked proudly into the sun. no, it's not quite a chunky sweater & riding boots yet...but it's a start. 
blouse, c/o mono b. belt, j.crew. shoes/skirt: forever21. 

and hey, for all my selfish grievances against the sun...someone else is counting the days down to autumn too: that'd be my husband, robbie. 

shirt: old navy. shorts: tommy hilfiger, macy's. boat shoes: sperry, macy's. 


i think he's a total charmer in stripes & boat shoes...but he & i both know the rate at which my heart melts when he's under a gray sky, boots laced up, the sleeves of a cardigan pushed up ever so effortlessly...

we're complete babies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ugh. We totally agree about this warm weather thing. Bring on the boots and scarves and layers! And make sure you go stop by Deer Circus to see more of Bridget's cute life. 

Now, the moment we've all been waiting for. The winner of the $50 Madewell gift card is...
Bonnie from 
Creations by Bonnybee!

Congratulations Bonnie! Be looking for an email from us pretty soon!

Thanks to all who entered and to Megan for hosting this amazing giveaway!
Remember there's still time left to enter the $100 Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Now go have a fabulous friday.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great guest post...I love the way their relationship just shines through what they photographed and wrote :) It's always fun seeing other happy young couples and knowing that my man and I are just one of many couples experiencing something really great.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos and a great post!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if we all boycott the summer weather by wearing scarfs and boots, fall weather will come sooner.... who's with me?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, i absolutely adore bridget! i'm glad you had her and her darling husband on board. i am DEFINITELY ready for the summer to be over and all that layering joy to start back up!
    p.s. kind of obsessing over her husbands anchor tattoo.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I absolutely love her outfit here! And what a lovely couple post. I think I'll give my husband a smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post Bridget.. I agree but being from the UK we've had very little sunshine so the depressing thing is we're in jumpers already :( I wish we had a bit more nice weather before autumn comes!


    raspberrykitsch.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are
    a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come
    back very soon. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!
    Here is my web-site ... Halloween Decorations Clearance

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...