Thursday, November 1, 2012

Out + About: Fur Vest

Hey guys! Today we wanted to introduce a new thing we wanna try on this here bloggy blog. 
Since Fall is a time of transitions, we wanted to show you guys how we transition certain pieces from date night looks (out)-- to casual, every day looks (about).

Every week we'll focus on one staple item. This week it's this fur vest from H&M. 
Annnnd, we want to hear your suggestions for the next feature!


Fur vests:
1) It's either you love 'em or you hate 'em
2) They can be intimidating because well... it's basically a furry shirt. 
BUT they can be a great way to mix up a Fall wardrobe when you get a little creative!

When going out, pair that vest with some unexpected color and  texture pieces like an emerald lace dress and snake heels. Like a sexy jungle lady... or a romantic Russian empress. Either one sounds like a pretty good choice. 
Also, make the vest a little more casual by pairing it with some basics. Nothing says cool and relaxed some boyfriend jeans! And you know it's not a complete outfit unless you put a statement necklace on it.

Lastly (and most importantly), wear that thang with confidence! You be lookin' goooood girl.
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Last year I told myself I would buy a fur vest. This year. I am promising myself. Thank you for the extra push!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORE that second look! Fabulous!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! You should totally do more of these. Such great looks!

    xo
    Amy
    itwasloveat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that necklace in the second outfit!

    http://owleyevintage.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/OwlEyeVintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. like your Going out look. Not a huge fan of fur vest but i think i'm going to try the going out look.

    xx audrey

    http://fashionhightea.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've been needing a fur vest this fall!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've totally been debating getting a fur vest. That first look is gorgeous! It doesn't get better than emerald green lace and awesome accessories!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a clever, cute feature! i love the simplicity of "out" and "about." good first piece to try! i think it would be neat to see you do things that are traditionally very basic and casual…it would be neat to see how you rework them into an out-on-the-town look -- maybe like the always-romantic striped tee, loafers, etc. : ) can't wait to see more of this feature, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren...I saw you at Gap the other night, I was NOT wearing a cute outfit so I told myself to avoid you, haha. Hopefully next time I'll run into one of you in a cuter outfit!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...