Friday, September 6, 2013

By The Way...

While most people thought we would someday marry each other, the fates had something else in mind... 

That's right, folks, Madison went and got herself hitched!
You're probably thinking "when the crap did that happen?"
But don't fret, Mads is going to give the scoop on their engagement story and cute stuff like that
(cue aww's and ooh's)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In high school, Travis was the hot new kid and I was the prude-girl who had about 2.5 friends. One day in class, we made a collage about ourselves and he did a cut-out of himself and put a picture of a lock over his crotch. That caught me off guard for multiple reasons, but I soon learned that he was unlike any other boy I had met. High standards, hilarious, and a nice tush-- need I say more? We became inseparable.
 When the school year ended, I headed out to BYU and he finished high school. The next year he came to BYU and prepared to go on a mission for our church. He packed his bags for Argentina while I finished school. 

When he came back from his mission he was smokin' hot. I'm not even exaggerating. He left on his mission a 19 year old boy, and came back a MAN. I wasn't mad. We seemed to picked up right where we left off. 

First time seeing him for two years at the airport!
A few months later...
I was having a poop day. Work sucked, I was breaking out all over my face, and I was hungry (it was just one of those days, you know?) He took me to Macaroni Grill where I overdosed on their bread, and took me for a walk by the local pond  (I just love feeding the ducklings!). As we fed the ducks, he said, "I told my students I was probably going to propose to you soon." For some reason, I didn't get the hint that was smacking me right in the face and decided to be sarcastic, "Oh yeah? [insert scoff], when are you going to do that?" I turned to get more bread and as I turned back, he replied "Today" with the ring in his hand. I was shocked. A good 30 seconds passed before any words could form, but I eventually whispered "Yes".  

Here are a few of our engagement pictures by Xan's Eye Photography!

Marrying Travis has been the best decision of my life, and I cant wait to share our wedding day photos with you guys!

xoxo

17 comments:

  1. ohhhh my gosh!! my mouth dropped open. congratulations!! what a darling story and couple. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story! You guys are adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the engagement photos! what a cute couple you guys are! can't wait to see the wedding photos :) Congrats! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moley!! Congrats to both of you! Can't wait to see the wedding photos, especially if they are as adorable as your engagement photos!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! I love love stories! I'm dying for the wedding day pics :) Congrats Maddison!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful beautiful! Can't wait to se more <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Nearly a month without a post and now a proposal/marriage! How exciting, it was well worth the wait :D
    Congratulations you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Beautiful story and pictures!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh my heart just melted. this is so cute. I can't get over it. So happy for you. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats you cuties! These pictures are amazing!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missionaries are the best kind of loves. Congratulations, you guys make a beautiful couple!

    Ashley
    http://amindontheloose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's amazing! Congratulations! You look amazing together :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg congrats, I'm gonna cry, this post was so sweet :')

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yooooohhhhhooooo!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word this is adorable! Haven't checked in on you guys in a little while - I am so behind! congratulations, also checked out your bridal photos - absolutely stunning! love the colour choice too!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...