Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Highest of High-Lows

dress: f21
jacket: JMR (slc)
rings: c/o my childhood jewelry box 
necklace: diy (if stringing a bunch of old washers on a chain counts as a diy)
boots: lucky brand (these are chill too)

There was a time in my life that I swore to myself I would never ever buy a high-low (mullet) dress. However, there was also a time in my life where I thought blogs were stupid and I swore I would never start one, but we all know how that turned out.

What I'm trying to say is that you should never knock something until you try it (unless it's meth). I don't know where my original disdain for the high-low trend came from, but when I found this ultra-soft jersey gem in the bowels of the Forever 21 sale section, all preconceived prejudices against high-low dresses went out the window. This dress is the single most comfortable item of clothing I have ever owned, and anything that is pajama-like, yet still socially acceptable to wear outside your house is alright with me. 

What are your thoughts on the high-low trend?


xoxo
Lo

14 comments:

  1. I have never been a fan of the high-low dress/skirt, but this one is divine! Love it with the boots!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this dress. Absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress looks amazing on you! I'm a fan of the high-low trend. I'm waiting for spring to wear mine again - they just don't look right with tights I don't think. Although, mine is a different material - the jersey might work!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll borrow that dress pls and thx

    xoxo birdie

    ReplyDelete
  5. meth is okay. also let's be bloggin frands cuz u r a qt and mine is an embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some of my favorite photos of yours to date!
    You look beautiful, ethereal and lovely. And it's not just the photos.
    YOU shine.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! This article could not be written any better!
    Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept talking about this. I most certainly will forward this
    information to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    Take a look at my webpage - silver chain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving it. Are you FREEZING, though? Put on some tights girlfriend!

    <3 Daryl
    Unlost

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the high-low trend. It's just neat to have a different hem line! I have a high-low dress in leopard print and love it. Your dress looks so nice and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't decided how I feel about the high-low trend, but you my friend, are rocking it.

    xo,
    toy
    standard-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lookin cute and I love where you took these photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I've been to your blog before, but I just RE- found it and I'm in love! This dress is amazing and I love both of your writing/ style. You have a new follower for sure :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...