Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Confessions: Valentine's Day Edition















































sweater: hm
tee: old
hat: urban outfitters (similar)
jeans: bdg high rise twig (best jeans ever AND they're on sale right ner)
shoes: dv by dolce vita (similar)

Because it's Valentine's day, this week's edition of Friday Confessions will be a brief history of my love life. Sorry, not sorry.

Confession #1: The earliest crush I can remember was a young Leonardo Dicaprio, who then played troubled homeless teen Luke Brower on Growing Pains. His hair was so perfectly slicked back (still is) and I just couldn't help myself. After finding his "address" in a Teen Beat magazine I wrote him a letter that opened with something along the lines of, "Dear Leo, even though I'm only six years old, I really REALLY like you..."  Leo, if you're reading this (which you probably are), I'm still waiting for you to write back.

Confession #2: My first kiss was in second grade. His name was Richard, and you guys, he was weird. Immediately after he kissed me, I punched him in the face and ran down the hallway screaming, "Eeeeeeewwwwww, Richard kissed me!!!!!" I've always been quite the romantic. And tactful too.

Confession #3: I have a growing collection of T-shirts I've stolen from ex-boyfriends. The shirt I'm wearing in these pictures is one of them. Whoopsies.

Confession #4: I once backed out of a date after he told me his favorite band was Hoobastank.

Confession #5: Last Valentine's Day was spent huddled in a dimly lit room playing video games with two of my very platonic male best friends, while all of our other friends were cuddling on the couches with their SOs. And honestly, it was one of my favorite Valentine's Day memories ever.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Valentine's Day. If you gotta boo thang, be sure to give em lots of kisses today. If you're single, remember that you're awesome and don't hesitate to declare this day Treat Yo'self 2014. No one's stopping you.

Photography by Emma Vidmar Photography

xoxo
Lo

15 comments:

  1. Love your look! Perfect styling.

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! love this look.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love confession #4, that's pretty funny. Where did you take these pictures?

    -Shannon

    http://cladandcloth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look has a casual boho vibe to it, love it! Especially, the hat!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel this all so much. Especially #1. Tbh I'm still waiting for Ed Westwick to tweet back at me :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally lol'd for a minute about #4. Good job.
    I hope your day is awesome! LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, Lauren I love all of your confessions - especially the one about video games - those are the best Valentine's Days!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha video games on Valentine's Day sounds awesome to me! I should've done that yesterday! Also I love that you're wearing an ex-boyfriend's t-shirt. You've styled it perfectly. This is such a cool outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fuzzy cardigan is so perfect and matches so well with this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shoes in this look! I can totally relate to video game valentines with guy friends, that was pretty much my life pre-hubby! And one time my hubby was one of the guys playing videos games on said couch ;)

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fuzzy cardigan :)
    PS where's the other half??? She not doing the blogsy anymore? Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post was so adorable, Lo! I'm a little jealous that I didn't think to do something similar (: I loved getting to know you better and hearing about your love history! Also, the fact that we both had a thing for Leonardo Dicaprio when he was in "Growing Pains" proves that great minds think alike (:

    Melanie
    Lace and Combat Boots | a life + style blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys present there are performing an excellent job. bubblegum casting

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOLed so hard at #4. I met this dreamy-looking fellow once and was ready to marry him, essentially, until 3 days later he asked me if I wanted to go to a Nickelback concert...

    Also, you look fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha #4 dying.... love this! and love your stolen tshirt in the photos

    xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...