Monday, October 27, 2014

Life lessons from my high school diary.

On Family:
"I need to be less rude to my parents. It's my worst habit. Other than not wearing my retainer."

On Vocabulary:
"It's an analogy. Have you ever noticed there's the word anal in that?"

On Responsibility:
"So I got this 50 dollar bill today, and at some point I got up and left it sitting on the table. Mom and Cindy decided to teach me a 'responsibility lesson' by hiding it from me. When I finally found it, I went back downstairs and like an hour later I realized I didn't have the money. So I start frantically searching for it and freaking out. Then Cindy comes up to me, reaches in my shirt, and pulls the bill out of my bra. I put it there after I lost it the first time so I wouldn't lose it again. I feel like such an idiot."

On Education:
"High school is just a big fat suffering contest."

On Spelling:
"Definately [sic]."

On Priorities:
"What's something I want to be remembered for when I die? That I had good taste in music."

On Friendship:
"I want to slap her every time she talks about him. Which is all the time"

On Setting Goals:
"Well I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't screw this up!" (October 21, 2007)

"So I may have screwed this up." (October 23, 2007)

On Dating:
"Never kiss a guy who, at any point in his life, has had a mullet and/or rattail."

On Humility:
"Sometimes I wish I could be really selfish. Because people who are selfish always get exactly what they want, and they don't even feel bad about it. Haha. Sucks to be such a good person."


13 comments:

  1. High school journal gold. I'm pretty sure my journal now (whenever I do write in it) is just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious. Kind of glad I didn't journal much in high school because it would have been much, much more embarrassing. Your summation of those four years is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't stop laughing haha these are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear you are THE cutest and funniest thing ever.
    I needed a smile today(:

    Rashae
    www.abbigaylerashae.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! Reminds me of being a weird teenager again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "High school is just a big fat suffering contest" is the best line I've read on any blog, EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I loved this! So funny, you have me wanting to go find my high school diary.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...