Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Top Five Tuesday: Wardrobe Staples


Sometimes people ask me why I don't blog about fashion as much anymore, and to be honest, it's mostly because my wardrobe is only getting more and more basic (gosh, i'm so basic). So for this week's Top Five, I'm talking about my wardrobe staples. Seriously, everything I wear is comprised of all of these pieces, or some kind of variation of them. And no, you don't need to adjust your screen; all my clothes are just black and white (basic).

(Spoiler alert: scroll all the way down for outfit ideas in the form of a fun little widget that took me way too long to make) 

1. The Crop



Banana Republic / Forever21 / Forever21

Because, honestly, a full-length shirt can just be so restricting sometimes.

2. The Shapeless Sack

Zara (similar here) / Soel (loving this one) / CottonOn (similar)

I would be lying to you if I said I've never worn one of these dresses one day, fallen asleep in it, and continued to wear it the following day. Some say that's disgusting. I say that's versatility.

3. The Fitted Jacket

Vero Moda (similar) / Abercrombie & Fitch (similar) / SLC boutique (similar) / Gap (similar)

Denim and leather jackets are timeless. Either that, or I've been looking like an idiot since 8th grade.

4. The Mini
banana republic (similar) / madewell / banana republic (similar)

First crop tops, now mini skirts? What is this, 1998? Yes it is. Because the Cher Horowitz in me will live on forever. If you're over the age of 19 and it's not one of those "get-hot-go-out" type of Saturday nights (idk is that even a thing?), go for a skirt that hits mid-thigh and hugs your bod without being too tight.

5. The Shoes
shoe carnival (similar) / urban outfitters (love these + these) / nike kaishi / franco sarto (similar) / new balance

So maybe I went a little overboard with the shoes here, but I couldn't just pick one.  These five options cover a wide range of outfit possibilities and go with almost anything. For a spring wardrobe, I would suggest one pair of black boots, one pair of brown boots, a couple neutral colored sneakers, and a sturdy pair of sandals.

And that's it. That's all you need. If you don't believe me, here are five easy outfits using these five staples aka, what you'll probably see me wearing this week:


xo
Lo

5 comments:

  1. omgggggg so kewwwtttttt
    -aghypeboi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, Lauren! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!

    www.kristajacobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for being basic! Seriously, i'm all over this normcore/minimalistic trend. i love your style, homie.
    http://standard-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments is like finding 5 dollars in my pocket. You guys are the best.

More reads...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...